What is Mister Minit Dubbin?
Dubbing wax – also called ‘dubbin’ in short – is a classic care product made from oil, tallow, and natural wax. It is traditionally used to soften, condition, and waterproof leather. As far back as the Middle Ages, people were using dubbin to lift the look of their worn-out leather items.
How to Apply Mister Minit Dubbin on Boots and Shoes
- Clean your boots. Before starting the treatment, clean your leather boots or shoes thoroughly and ensure they are completely dry.
- Heat up the Dubbin. Apply a small amount of heat to both your boots and the dubbin to loosen it up and aid the wax’s penetration of your leather boot. A hairdryer works great for this.
- Rub in the Dubbin. Use a cloth to gently and evenly rub a small amount of dubbing wax to the surface of your leather boots or shoes.
- Use sparingly. Dubbing wax will always leave an oily film on leather surfaces, so it should be used sparingly to avoid making a mess. It’s better to apply very thin coatings, one at a time, so you can control how much dubbin ends up on your boots.
- Repeat. Repeat the gentle rubbing process as many times as you deem necessary.
- Wait. Leave the dubbin on to dry for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Buff. After you’ve checked that the surface of the boots is dry, use a new dry cloth to buff off the dubbin to bring out the shine.
HELPFUL TIPS:Dublin is great for leather boots, but not for suede or nubuck materials. Never use Dubbin on suede or nubuck leather. These types of materials can be damaged by the oily nature of dubbing wax. You might even cause them irreparable damage.
Mister Minit specialises in engraving and personalisation services, and has done for over 65 years. Our experienced engravers can personalise a range of products from beauty and cosmetics, perfume, jewellery, household items such as vases, alcohol bottles and giftware items. We have the ability to personalise either
in-store or online with fast turnaround times.
Shop our fulll range of giftware or let the experts help you by contacting us for bulk purchases and or any other queries you may have.
Have you seen a particular giftware item online, but prefer to drop in-store? Contact your nearest Mister Minit store to save you time.
Note: Online engraving pricing relates to online purchases only, and engraving pricing is not included in product pricing unless otherwise stated.
Some products are online exclusives only, and not available for purchase instore.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.