Kidsafe and Mister Minit have partnered to create awareness of the danger that Button Batteries can cause if swallowed. Mister Minit is one of the biggest retailers of Button Batteries in Australia and New Zealand. Our commitment is to help inform the community of the dangers that button batteries can cause. Button Batteries are found in a number of household items as well as Car keys, Remotes and watches. At least 20 children per week present to hospital after swallowing or insertion of button batteries. Prevention is critical, alerting customers to keep button butteries out of reach of children which can save a life or prevent a severe injury.
We are committed to reducing the incident and impact of unintentional injury caused by Button Batteries and look forward to educating our customers in communities we serve in all over Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.